USB 2.0 RG2224 Turnkey Four-port Multi-mode Fiber 500m extender
Icron’s Turnkey solutions are complete USB extension solutions without enclosures. With the Turnkey systems, OEM customers can quickly and easily embed ExtremeUSB® into their end applications or custom enclosures. The USB 2.0 RG2224 Turnkey is a four-port extender solution, enabling USB 2.0 connections of up to 480Mbps over 500m (1,640 feet) of multi-mode fiber optics.
Contact Sales for more information.
The USB 2.0 RG2224 Turnkey product is comprised of two separate printed circuit boards: the Local Extender and the Remote Extender for easy integration into a custom enclosure. Conventional USB cables are used to connect the Local unit to the host computer, and the remote USB device to the Remote unit. Multi-mode fiber optics is used to connect the Local and Remote units to support USB 2.0 480Mbps over a distance of up to 500m (1,640 feet) without the need of additional software drivers.
The USB RG2224 provides true USB 2.0 extension at up to 480Mbps over 500m (1,640 feet) of single-mode fiber optics, without the need of additional software drivers. A true plug-and-play solution, the RG2224 is compatible with all leading operating systems, and supports all USB 1.1 and 2.0 device types from high-speed web cams, hard drives, printers, scanners, audio devices, touch screens, digital cameras and game controllers. An integrated four port hub allows for extension of up to four USB devices without the need for an additional hub. The system is FCC Class B certified and meets EN-61000 16kV ESD immunity.
- Extends USB 2.0 high-speed and USB 1.1 (low-speed, full-speed) devices
- Operates with USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 hosts
- Supports all USB devices up to 480Mbps
- Distance of up to 500 meters (1,640 feet) over multi-mode fiber optics
- True plug and play. No drivers required
- Supports all major operating systems: Windows®, Mac OS X®, and Linux®
- Number of devices can be increased using additional USB hubs
- FCC Class B certified
- Range 500 m (1640 ft) over 50/125μm MMF 902 ft (275m) over 62.5/125μm MMF
- Local unit USB connector 1 x USB Type B
- Local unit Link connector 1 x SFP Duplex LC
- Remote unit Link connector 1 x SFP Duplex LC
- Remote unit USB connector 4 x USB Type A
- Power adapter Maximum Rating 5V DC @ 3A
- Current available to USB at REX 4 x 500mA
- Operating temperature range 0°C to 50°C
- Local and Remote unit dimensions 3.94” x 2.99” x 1.02” (100 mm x 76 mm x 26 mm)
- Local and Remote PCB dimensions 3.35” x 2.76” x 0.65” (85 mm x 70 mm x 16.5 mm)
- Turnkey PCB weights Local 0.11 lbs. (50 grams), Remote 0.13 lbs. (60 grams)
- Turnkey PCB with housing weights Local 0.42 lbs. (190 grams), Remote 0.44 lbs. (200 grams)
- Regulatory testing FCC (Class B), IC (Class B), CE (Class B)
- ESD Rating EMC EN-61000-4-2:2001 8kV Contact, 16kV Air
In the Box
The USB 2.0 RG2224 Turnkey system includes:
- Local Extender
- Remote Extender with power supply
- One year warranty