An Introduction to Icron Technologies
Icron Technologies is the global leading developer and manufacturer of high-performance USB and video extension solutions for commercial and industrial markets worldwide. Icron’s patented extension technology extends PC video and USB devices over many media types including Cat 5, Fiber, Wireless, DisplayPort®, PowerLine, and over a corporate LAN. Icron’s extension products are deployed in a wide range of applications including pro AV, industrial automation, machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, military, interactive whiteboards, digital signage, remote desktop extension, security, enterprise computing and isolated USB, or anywhere a PC needs to be remotely located from a display or peripheral device, or anywhere a PC needs to be remotely located from a display or peripheral device.
Icron’s patented extension technology is built into the ExtremeUSB® suite of features offering customers:
- Simplicity: True plug and play (no software drivers)
- Reliability: Patented USB extension
- Durability: Commercial grade, robust connections
- Compatibility: Works with all devices and operating systems
Icron’s USB and USB + Video extension products are available in several different forms to suit particular customer needs:
- Finished goods with Icron branding
- Finished goods unbranded suitable for private label
- Turnkey boards available for custom housing or integration
- Core modules available for integration
- Chipsets available for high volume integration
Icron is a member of the USB Implementer’s Forum, HDMI Adopters, InfoComm, and the Automated Imaging Association (AIA).
Icron has evolved from USB 1.1/2.0 extension to KVM extension and now is leading the way with extension solutions for SuperSpeed USB 3.0 which is making significant waves in the Machine Vision industry.