Icron’s Patented Technologies: USB and USB + Video Extension Solutions
ExtremeUSB® is a patented technology platform and the gold standard for extending USB over long distances over a range of transmission media. With over 20 years experience, Icron’s development team is among the world’s leading experts in USB and USB + HD video extension.
Read our ExtremeUSB® Whitepaper »
An overview of the protocol, benefits, availability and applications of this patented USB extension technology.
The Compelling Advantages of ExtremeUSB:
- USB 1.1, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 extension: Icron sells USB 1.1, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 extension products. ExtremeUSB now extends USB 3.0 for applications such as machine vision, industrial automation, and security.
- Robust and proven technology: with nearly a millions units deployed, often in the most harsh environments, ExtremeUSB works reliably with USB devices from thousands of suppliers.
- Extended range over multiple media: ExtremeUSB extends USB up to 100 meters over CAT X and 10 kilometers over fiber. ExtremeUSB is implemented for multiple communication protocols (Ethernet, WiFi) and media (CAT X, fiber, LAN, wireless, powerline, and DisplayPort®).
- Includes the ExtremeUSB suite of features:
- Transparent USB extension
- True plug and play; no software drivers required
- Works with all major operating systems: Windows®, macOS™, Linux®, and Chrome OS™
Our USB + HD Video Solution:
Icron’s patented ExtremeUSB technology extends USB and HD video over a single cable by combining USB with HD video (HDMI, DVI and MDL) for a range of communication protocols (LAN, DisplayPort®) over a variety of media (CatX, fiber).
For more information about Icron’s technology solutions, please contact us.