USB and Video Extension Solutions for Digital Signage
Digital signage is the display of video or multimedia content on electronically controlled panels to either public or private audiences. This form of communication offers several advantages over traditional static signs including dynamic updating, environmental savings, labor savings and the optional ability to interact with the audience if equipped with facial recognition, voice response, and touch screens. Interactive digital signs using touch screens are often employing USB technology. When the host is not able to be co-located with the display within 5 meters, Icron’s ExtremeUSB® extenders can bridge the distance gap.
Why Use Icron
Icron’s ExtremeUSB extender systems provide greater flexibility for installation when considering distance, space, and cost factors. USB can extend up to 10km and USB + Video (KVM) up to 100 meters respectively. Icron’s KVM extenders support full High Definition video with option to choose between DVI and HDMI connection.
- Simplicity: True plug and play (no software drivers)
- Reliability: Patented USB and USB + Video extension
- Durability: Commercial grade, robust connections
- Compatibility: Works with all devices and operating systems
Digital signage enables content to be more targeted, informative, and timely. When interactive, results can be captured, tracked and analyzed to fine tune effectiveness. Lower maintenance costs are also enjoyed through dynamic updates. And extending connections from the same host also lowers capital infrastructure costs.
Examples of Digital Signage Applications using USB or KVM Extension
- Department store/mall directories
- Fast food restaurant menus and advertising
- Recreational center facility bookings
- Library catalog searches
- Airport advertising, information and ticket booking kiosks
- Public transit station terminals
- Science center learning centers
- Grocery stores point of purchase advertising
- Gas station pump advertising