An Introduction to Icron
Icron, now part of Analog Devices, Inc., is the leading developer and manufacturer of high-performance USB and video extension solutions for commercial and industrial markets including Medical, Military, Industrial Automation, Machine Vision, ProAV, Education, and Mining/Exploration. Icron’s patented extension technology extends USB and video devices over many media types including CAT 5e/6/7, Fiber, Wireless, PowerLine and over a corporate LAN.
Icron’s patented extension technology is built into the ExtremeUSB® suite of features offering customers:
- Simplicity: True plug and play (no software drivers)
- Reliability: Patented USB extension
- Durability: Commercial grade, robust connections
- Compatibility: Works with all devices and operating systems
Icron’s USB and USB + Video extension products are available in several different forms to suit particular customer needs:
- Finished goods with Icron branding
- Finished goods unbranded suitable for private label
- Turnkey boards available for custom housing or integration
- Core modules available for integration
- Chipsets available for high volume integration
Icron is a member of the USB Implementer’s Forum (USB-IF), TICO Alliance, HDMI Adopters, Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association (AVIXA™), and SDVoE Alliance.
Icron has evolved from USB 2.0 extension to USB + Video extension (KVM), and now is leading the way with USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 3.0 extension solutions which is making significant waves in ProAV and the Machine Vision industries.