Icron’s Patented Technologies: USB and USB + Video Extension Solutions
ExtremeUSB® is a patented technology platform and the gold standard for extending USB over long distances over a range of transmission media. With over 20 years experience, Icron’s development team is among the world’s leading experts in USB and USB + HD video extension.
Watch Icron USB extension and ExtremeUSB™ Video
Read our ExtremeUSB® Whitepaper »
An overview of the protocol, benefits, availability and applications of this patented USB extension technology.
The Compelling Advantages of ExtremeUSB:
- USB 1.1, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 extension: Icron sells USB 1.1, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 extension products. ExtremeUSB now extends USB 3.0 for applications such as machine vision, industrial automation, and security.
- Robust and proven technology: with nearly a millions units deployed, often in the most harsh environments, ExtremeUSB works reliably with USB devices from thousands of suppliers.
- Extended range over multiple media: ExtremeUSB extends USB up to 100 meters over CAT X and 10 kilometers over fiber. ExtremeUSB is implemented for multiple communication protocols (Ethernet, WiFi) and media (CAT X, fiber, LAN, wireless, powerline, and DisplayPort®).
- Includes the ExtremeUSB suite of features:
- Transparent USB extension
- True plug and play; no software drivers required
- Works with all major operating systems: Windows®, macOS™, Linux®, and Chrome OS™
Our USB + HD Video Solution:
Icron’s patented ExtremeUSB technology extends USB and HD video over a single cable by combining USB with HD video (HDMI, DVI and MDL) for a range of communication protocols (LAN, DisplayPort®) over a variety of media (CAT X, fiber).
For demanding remote desktop extension applications like digital signage and medical imaging, ExtremeUSB means enhanced security, easier serviceability, fewer cables and lower cost.
For more information about Icron’s technology solutions, please contact us.