VU4500 Turnkey KVM Extender DVI + USB 2.0 over 100m Cat 5e or LAN - EOL (Discontinued)
Icron’s Turnkey solutions are complete USB extension solutions without enclosures. With the Turnkey systems, OEM customers can quickly and easily embed ExtremeLink™ into their end applications or custom enclosures. The VU4500 Turnkey KVM Extender is a three-port extender solution, extending DVI compressed video, audio and USB 2.0 up to 100 meters (330 feet) over a single Cat 5e cable or over LAN.
The VU4500 Turnkey KVM Extender product is comprised of two separate printed circuit boards: the Local Extender and the Remote Extender for easy integration into a custom enclosure. The system extends DVI compressed video, audio and full USB 2.0 (480Mbps) up to 100 meters over Cat 5e (or better) cable. The VU4500 Turnkey’s video and USB extension can alternatively be used over a Local Area Network (LAN), simply by plugging the local extender into one LAN port and the remote extender into another LAN port, the two ends instantly find each other with Rapid Pairing Protocol™. This gives the option to save on installing additional cabling.
Applications include keyboards, mice, low speed game controllers, microphones, 1.1 web cameras, flash drives, hard drives, 2.0 web cameras, 2.0 digital cameras, and high speed game controllers with vibration/sound. Video resolution is 1680 x 1050 and does not degrade when extended the full 100 meter distance.
- HD Video: DVI Compressed, 1680 x 1050 resolution, 24-bit color depth. Resolution does not degrade with distance.
- Direct Connect: Directly connect the local extender to the remote extender using a single Cat 5e (or better) cable up to 100m (330ft). This mode of operation is ideal for installations requiring USB 2.0 up to 480Mbps.
- Rapid Pairing Allows for connection on a LAN or through a network switch. The system can be utilized on virtually any Ethernet network since it operates at Layer 2 and uses MAC addresses. There is no additional overhead or setup since it doesn’t use the TCP/IP layer and typical network usage can be as low as 50Mbps.
- Audio: Integrated two channel audio with microphone and headphone I/O.
- OS Support: Compatible with all major operating systems. No drivers required.
- Installation Ease: True plug and play (no set up required). Utilizes a single Cat 5e (or better) cable for desktop extension simplifying installation.
- Video: 1680 x 1050 resolution, 24-bit color depth
- Video Latency: Less than 60ms
- Reach: LAN – With Rapid Pairing Protocol™, WAN (Wide Area Network) not supported
100m (330ft) Direct Connect
- Interconnection Cable: Standard solid core Cat 5e (or better) cable
- Video: DVI-D Video Input (24-pin connector)
- USB: 1 x USB Type B
- Dimensions: To be provided
- Power: 5V, 3A DC (15W)
- Video/Audio: DVI-D Video Output (24-pin connector)
- Audio: 3.5mm microphone in, 3.5mm headphone out
- USB: 3 x USB Type A
- Dimensions: To be provided
- Power: 24V, 1A DC (24W)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Operating Humidity: +20% ~ 80% (non condensing)
- Storage Humidity: +10% ~ 90% (non condensing)
- EMC: FCC, Class A, CE, ICES-003
- Compliance: RoHS
In the Box
The VU4500 Turnkey KVM extender system includes:
- Local Extender
- Remote Extender
- Two year warranty
Please note, Local and Remote Extenders can be ordered individually to complete an OEM system as desired.