USB 2.0 RG2240 Core SO-DIMM daughter cards 4-port Multi-mode Fiber optics extender (Legacy)
Icron’s ExtremeUSB® Core 2200 Series SO-DIMM daughter boards provide a low risk embedded solution for flexible design. All ExtremeUSB® functionality is provided on a compact, cost-effective PCB, enabling quick, cost effective integration of ExtremeUSB® into your custom extension solution. The USB 2.0 RG2240 Core SO-DIMM daughter cards provide 4-port USB 2.0 extension up to 480Mbps over 500m of multi-mode fiber optics.Contact Sales for more information.
The USB 2.0 RG2240 Core SO-DIMM solution is comprised of two separate printed circuit board daughter cards: the Local Extender and the Remote Extender for easy integration into an OEM solution. Conventional USB cables are used to connect the Local unit to the host computer, and the remote USB device to the Remote unit. Multi-mode fiber optics is used to connect the Local and Remote units to support USB 2.0 up to 480Mbps over a distance of up to 500 meters (1,640 ft) distance.
- Extends USB 2.0 high-speed and USB 1.1 (low-speed, full-speed) devices
- Operates with USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 hosts
- Supports USB devices up to 480Mbps
- Distance of up to 500m/1,640ft over multi-mode fiber optics
- True plug and play. No drivers required
- Supports all major operating systems: Windows®, Mac OS X®, and Linux®
- Integrated hub provides four USB 2.0 ports. Number of devices can be increased using additional USB hubs
- USB Throughputs: USB 2.0 – up to 480Mbps
- Media: Multi-mode fiber optics
- Transmission: High-speed differential pair
- Distance: 500m (1,640ft)
In the Box
The USB 2.0 RG2240 Core SO-DIMM solution has each module sold separately, and can be configured as either a Local or Remote Extender. One year warranty included. Please note, two Core modules are needed to complete a system and that an Icron Developer’s Kit must be purchased prior.