USB 2.0 RG2300 Core Series Developer Kits (Discontinued)
The USB 2.0 RG2300 Core Series Developer Kits enable a rapid means to evaluate and prototype your custom RG2300 Core Series based OEM applications. It is available for the RG2300 Core and RG2310 Core, and is modular by design to allow for testing and prototyping of alternate USB hub, or link interface chipsets.
Please note a newer version of this product is now available. For new designs, please consider the RG2300A or RG2310A Core Developer Kit.
Contact Sales for more information.
The USB 2.0 RG2300 Core Series comes in two variants, the classic RG2300 Core which includes support for MII, GMII, RGMII and TBI connections over Cat 5e or better, fiber, or any other media, and the RG2310 Core which adds support for extending USB 2.0 over Local Area Network when working over MII, GMII or RGMII links, pre-programmed custom MAC addresses, pre-programmed vendor specific locking, which ensures only your USB extenders will pair with each other and not with extenders from other manufacturers, and Icron’s SwitchableUSB™ technology, allowing for dynamic host and device pair switching from across a network.
This Core Series supports the full range of USB 2.0 and 1.1 peripherals, as well as USB 3.0 devices at USB 2.0 speeds, and all USB controllers types, including modern xHCI USB 3.0 controllers.
Conveniently packaged as a development and evaluation tool, the USB 2.0 RG2300 Core Developer Kits assists the developer with their OEM project by providing easy access to configuration pins, prebuilt interface modules using supported components, and a modular design that enables testing alternative configurations. This is a necessary step for the developer prior to purchasing the Core modules and includes 5 hours of support including schematic design review.
- Full USB 2.0 throughputs, up to 480Mbps
- USB Extension over Cat 5e or better, fiber and LAN (RG2310 kit only)
- Software integration to third-party systems via the SwitchableUSB™ protocol
- Core modules can interoperate with RG2304 series of extenders
- Choice of interface modules for different link configurations
- Support for alternate interfaces and hub modules
- Extends up to 31 USB devices (including hubs)
- Hardware, documentation, and accessories to assist with USB 2.0 RG2300 Core Series module development
- Includes 5 hours of Icron support for schematic design review and questions
Ask your sales representative about additional features that may meet your specific requirements
Includes the ExtremeUSB® suite of features:
- Transparent USB extension
- True plug and play; no software drivers required
- Works with all major operating systems: Windows®, Mac OS X®, and Linux®
In the Box
- (1) RG2300 Core Series Local Evaluation Board
- (1) RG2300 Core Series Remote Evaluation Board
- (1) RG2300 Core Series Local Extender Module (specified at time of purchase: RG2300 or RG2310)
- (1) RG2300 Core Series Remote Extender Module (specified at time of purchase: RG2300 or RG2310)
- (1) USB Hub Module
- (2) International Power Supplies
- (1) USB A to B Cable
- (1) USB A to Mini B Programming Cable
- (1) USB stick containing documentation and instructions
- (2) Matching Link Interface Modules (specified at purchase: GMII, RGMII, TBI [MMF] or TBI [SMF])
- (2) Power Cords (specified at time of purchase)
- Quick Start Guide/Warranty Information
Configurable for direct connection via Cat 5e or better, fiber or across a Local Area Network