USB 2.0 RG2300 Core SO-DIMM Form Factor
The USB 2.0 RG2300 Core module is available in an easy-to-integrate pluggable SO-DIMM form factor and supports extension of up to 100m over Cat 5e (or better), up to 500m over multimode fiber, and up to 10km over singlemode fiber. It provides for direct connectivity in MII, GMII, RGMII or TBI modes, and is optimized for mass storage throughout speeds.
Please note a newer version of this product is now available. For new designs, please consider the RG2300A Core.
Contact Sales for more information.
The USB 2.0 RG2300 Core continues the tradition of being the most robust and reliable embedded USB 2.0 extender module on the market. Available in an easy-to-integrate pluggable SO-DIMM form factor, the RG2300 Core supports direct USB 2.0 extension connectivity of up to 100m over Cat 5e (or better) and 10km over fiber. It is optimized for mass storage throughput speeds and boasts market leading USB device and host compatibility.
To assist developers with their OEM projects, the USB 2.0 RG2300 Core Series Developer Kits provides a rapid means to evaluate the RG2300 Core Series of products in your application and to prototype custom solutions. For more advanced capabilities, consider the RG2310 Core for remote pairing control via the SwitchableUSB™ protocol, full USB performance over a Local Area Network (LAN) and support for extension in environments with variable latency.
- USB 2.0 throughputs up to 480Mbps
- USB extension over copper and fiber
- Interoperability with RG2304 series of extenders
- Extend up to 31 USB devices (including hubs)
- Pin-for-pin compatibility with existing RG2100 Core hardware designs
Ask your sales representative for additional features that may meet your specific requirements
Includes the ExtremeUSB® suite of features:
- Transparent USB extension
- True plug and play; no software drivers required
- Works with all major operating systems: Windows®, Mac OS X®, and Linux®
- Cat 5e (or better): 100 meters
- Fiber: 500 meters (multimode) and 10 kilometers (singlemode)
- PCB Dimensions: 67.60mm x 31.75mm, PCB: 1.0mm +/- 0.1mm
- Max PCBA Height: Top: 2.5mm +/- 0.2mm, Bottom 1.1mm +/- 0.1mm
- Mounting Holes: 4.00mm +/- 0.10mm Diameter
- Connector: 1.8V Standard Keyed 200pin SO-DIMM
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing): 20% to 80% relative humidity
- Storage Humidity (non-condensing): 10% to 90% relative humidity
- Power Supply: 3.3V and 1.2V (Ask your sales representative for product specifications)
- USB Speeds: Low-speed, Full-speed, High-speed
- Max Throughput: Up to 480Mbps
- Device Compatibility: All device types and hubs
- Host Compatibility: OHCI, UHCI, EHCI, xHCI
- Link Interfaces: IEEE 802.3-2000 (MII, GMII, RGMII), Ten-Bit Interface (TBI)
- Interface PHYs:
- Broadcom BCM5481, BCM54616 (GMII)
- Realtek RTL8211 (GMII, RGMII)
- Texas Instruments TLK1221 (TBI)
- USB Hub: SMSC 251x, 251xB
- Warranty: 2 years
In the Box
The USB 2.0 RG2300 Core Local and Remote Extender SO-DIMM modules are sold separately and come with a two-year warranty.
Note: A complete USB extension system consists of both a Local and Remote Extender device or module, and an Icron Developer Kit must be purchased.
Configurable for direct connection via Cat 5e (or better) or fiber