USB 2.0 RG2310 Core SO-DIMM Form Factor (Discontinued)
The USB 2.0 RG2310 Core is available in easy-to-integrate pluggable SO-DIMM form factor and supports extension of up to 100m over Cat 5e (or better), up to 500m over multimode fiber, and up to 10km over singlemode fiber plus the ability to extend across a Local Area Network (LAN). It provides for direct connectivity in MII, GMII, RGMII or TBI modes, and is optimized for mass storage throughout speeds. The RG2310 features additional capabilities such as custom pre-programmed MAC addresses and access to advanced platform features such as SwitchableUSB, Device Class Filtering, Simultaneous User Interaction, Hot Key support, and Vendor Lock.
Please note a newer version of this product is now available. For new designs, please consider the RG2310A Core.
Contact Sales for more information.
The USB 2.0 RG2300 Cores Series continues the tradition of being the most robust and reliable embedded USB 2.0 extender available on the market. Available in an easy-to-integrate pluggable SO-DIMM form factor, the RG2310 Core supports direct USB 2.0 extension connectivity of up to 100m over Cat 5e (or better) and up to 10km over fiber. It is optimized for mass storage throughput speeds and boasts market leading USB device and host compatibility. The RG2310 Core offers additional capabilities over the RG2300 by supporting USB 2.0 extension across a Local Area Network (LAN) and boasting new features such as custom MAC addressing, Local and Remote extender pairing control via the SwitchableUSB™ protocol, one-to-many pairings with Simultaneous User Interaction, Vendor Locking for brand continuity, custom OEM Hot Key support, and device class filtering options for blocking connections to certain USB device types (e.g. flash drives).
To assist developers with their OEM projects, the USB 2.0 RG2300 Core Series Developer Kits provides a rapid means to evaluate the RG2300 Core Series of products in your application and to prototype custom solutions. If your embedded USB extension project doesn’t require the advanced functionality of the RG2310 Core, consider the RG2300 Core.
- USB 2.0 throughputs up to 480Mbps
- USB extension over copper, fiber and LAN
- Software integration to third-party systems via the SwitchableUSB™ protocol
- Support for other advanced platform features such as Device Class Filtering, Simultaneous User Interaction, Hot Key support, and Vendor Lock.
- Interoperability with RG2304 series of extenders
- Support for up to 31 USB devices (including hubs)
- Pin-for-pin compatibility with existing 2100 Core hardware designs
Ask your sales representative for additional features that may meet your specific requirements
Includes the ExtremeUSB® suite of features:
- Transparent USB extension
- True plug and play; no software drivers required
- Works with all major operating systems: Windows®, Mac OS X®, and Linux®
- Cat 5e (or better): 100 meters
- Local Area Network (LAN): 100 meters between nodes
- Fiber: 500 meters (multimode) and 10 kilometers (singlemode)
- PCB Dimensions: 67.60mm x 31.75mm, PCB: 1.0mm +/- 0.1mm
- Max PCBA Height: Top: 2.5mm +/- 0.2mm, Bottom 1.1mm +/- 0.1mm
- Mounting Holes: 4.00mm +/- 0.10mm Diameter
- Connector: 1.8V Standard Keyed 200pin SO-DIMM
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing): 20% to 80% relative humidity
- Storage Humidity (non-condensing): 10% to 90% relative humidity
- Power Supply: 3.3V and 1.2V (Ask your sales representative for product specifications)
- USB Speeds: Low-speed, Full-speed, High-speed
- Max Throughput: Up to 480Mbps
- Device Compatibility: All device types and hubs
- Host Compatibility: OHCI, UHCI, EHCI, xHCI
- Link Interfaces: IEEE 802.3-2000 (MII, GMII, RGMII), Ten-Bit Interface (TBI)
- Network: Ethernet (USB link only), UDP/IP (SwitchableUSB)
- Interface PHYs:
- Broadcom BCM5481, BCM54616 (GMII)
- Realtek RTL8211 (GMII, RGMII)
- Texas Instruments TLK1221 (TBI)
- USB Hub: SMSC 251x, 251xB
- Warranty: 2 years
In the Box
The USB 2.0 RG2310 Core Local and Remote Extender SO-DIMM modules are sold separately and come with a two-year warranty.
Note: A Complete extension system consists of both a Local and Remote Extender device or module, and an Icron Developer Kit must be purchased.
Configurable for direct connection via Cat 5e or better, fiber or across a Local Area Network
- Medical devices
- KVM extension
- USB device sharing: print, scan, storage
- Interactive video matrices using SwitchableUSB
- Industrial Control
- Remote Desktop USB Connections
- Networked educational kiosks
- Security and Monitoring: web camera, access control
- Digital Signage
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Remote storage