USB 2.0 RG2212 Turnkey 2-port Cat 5e 100 meter extender with Remote Power (Discontinued)
Icron’s Turnkey solutions are complete USB extension solutions without enclosures. With the Turnkey systems, OEM customers can quickly and easily embed ExtremeUSB® into their end applications or custom enclosures. The USB 2.0 RG2212 Turnkey is a dual-port extender solution, enabling USB 2.0 connections of up to 480Mbps over 100m/330ft of Cat 5e cabling.
Contact Sales for more information.
The USB 2.0 RG2212 Turnkey product is comprised of two separate printed circuit boards: the Local Extender and the Remote Extender for easy integration into a custom enclosure. Conventional USB cables are used to connect the Local unit to the host computer, and the remote USB device to the Remote unit. Cat 5e UTP cabling is used to connect the Local and Remote units to support USB 2.0 480Mbps over a distance of up to 100m (330ft).
The system delivers standard 500mA USB power over the Cat 5e extension link to the two port remote hub, eliminating the need to locate the remote USB devices near an AC power outlet and greatly increasing the ease of deployment for USB extension in industrial, medical, commercial and other applications.
A true plug-and-play solution, the USB 2.0 RG2212 Turnkey is compatible with all leading operating systems, and supports all USB 1.1 and 2.0 device types from high-speed web cams, hard drives, printers, scanners, audio devices, touch screens, digital cameras and game controllers.
- Extends USB 2.0 high-speed and USB 1.1 (low-speed, full-speed) devices
- System delivers power to remote hub over Cat 5e extension link simplifying installation and eliminating the need for AC power close to the remote unit.
- Operates with USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 hosts
- Supports all USB devices up to 480Mbps
- Uses a standard solid core Cat 5e cable for easy installation
- Integrated hub provides two USB 2.0 ports. Number of devices can be increased using additional USB hubs.
- FCC Class B
- ExtremeUSB® suite of features:
- Transparent USB extension
- True plug and play; no software drivers required
- Works with all major operating systems: Windows®, Mac OS X®, and Linux®
- Range 330 ft (100m) over Cat 5e (or better) cable
- Local unit USB connector 1 x USB Type B
- Local unit Link connector 1 x RJ45
- Remote unit Link connector 1 x RJ45
- Remote unit USB connector 2 x USB Type A
- Power adapter Maximum Rating 24V DC @ 1A (Local only)
- Current available to USB at Remote 2 x 500mA
- Operating temperature range 0°C to 50°C
- Local and Remote unit dimensions 3.94” x 2.99” x 1.02” (100 mm x 76 mm x 26 mm)
- Local and Remote PCB dimensions 3.35” x 2.81” x 0.65” (85 mm x 71.5 mm x 16.5 mm)
- Turnkey PCB weights Local 0.09 lbs. (40 grams), Remote 0.11 lbs. (50 grams)
- Turnkey PCB with housing weights Local 0.40 lbs. (180 grams), Remote 0.42 lbs. (190 grams)
- Regulatory testing FCC (Class B), IC (Class B), CE (Class B)
- ESD Rating EMC EN-61000-4-2:2001 4kV Contact, 8kV Air
- Two year warranty
In the Box
The USB 2.0 RG2212 Turnkey system includes:
- Local Extender with power supply
- Remote Extender
- Two year warranty