USB 2.0 RG2300A Core SO-DIMM Form Factor
The USB 2.0 RG2300A Core module is available in an easy-to-integrate pluggable SO-DIMM form factor and supports extension of up to 100m over CAT 5e (or better), up to 500m over multimode fiber, and up to 10km over single mode fiber. It provides for direct connectivity in MII, GMII, RGMII or TBI modes, and is optimized for mass storage throughout speeds. It is also backward compatible with the RG2300.
Contact Sales for more information.
The USB 2.0 RG2300A Core module continues the tradition of being the most robust and reliable embedded USB 2.0 extender module on the market. Available in an easy-to-integrate pluggable SO-DIMM form factor, the RG2300A Core supports direct USB 2.0 extension connectivity of up to 100m over CAT 5e/6/7 and 10km over fiber. It is optimized for mass storage throughput speeds and boasts market leading USB device and host compatibility.
To assist developers with their OEM projects, the USB 2.0 RG2300A Core Developer Kit provides a rapid means to evaluate the RG2300A Core in your application and to prototype custom solutions. For USB over LAN connections and more advanced capabilities, please consider the RG2310A Core .
- USB 2.0 throughputs up to 480 Mbps
- USB extension over copper and fiber
- Interoperability with RG2304 series of extenders and the RG2300
- Extend up to 31 USB devices (including hubs)
- Pin-for-pin compatibility with existing RG2100 and RG2300 Core hardware designs
Ask your sales representative for additional features that may meet your specific requirements
Includes the ExtremeUSB® suite of features:
- Transparent USB extension
- True plug and play; no software drivers required
- Works with all major operating systems: Windows®, OS X®, and Linux®
- CAT 5e (or better): 100 meters
- Fiber: 500 meters (multimode) and 10 kilometers (singlemode)
- PCB Dimensions: 67.60mm x 31.75mm, PCB Thickness: 1.0mm +/- 0.1mm
- Max PCBA Height: Top: 2.5mm +/- 0.2mm, Bottom 1.1mm +/- 0.1mm
- Mounting Holes: 4.00mm +/- 0.10mm Diameter
- Connector: 1.8V Standard Keyed 200pin SO-DIMM
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing): 20% to 80% relative humidity
- Storage Humidity (non-condensing): 10% to 90% relative humidity
- Power Supply: 3.3V (Ask your sales representative for product specifications)
- USB Speeds: Low-speed, Full-speed, High-speed
- Max Throughput: Up to 480Mbps
- Device Compatibility: All device types and hubs
- Host Compatibility: OHCI, UHCI, EHCI, xHCI
- Link Interfaces: IEEE 802.3-2000 (MII, GMII, RGMII), Ten-Bit Interface (TBI)
- Interface PHYs:
- Broadcom BCM5481, BCM54616 (GMII)
- Realtek RTL8211 (GMII, RGMII)
- Texas Instruments TLK1221 (TBI)
- USB Hub: SMSC/Microchip 251x, 251xB, Cypress CYUSB314
- Warranty: 2 years
In the Box
The USB 2.0 RG2300A Core Local and Remote Extender SO-DIMM modules are sold separately* and come with a two-year warranty. An Icron Developer Kit must be purchased separately.
*A complete USB extension system consists of a Local and Remote Extender module.
Configurable for direct connection via CAT 5e (or better) or fiber