4-Port USB 2.0 Simultaneous Users Interaction Extender System with Power over Ethernet
The RG2304SP is a Power over Ethernet (25.5W) powered USB 2.0 high-speed OEM extension solution supporting a “virtual hub-like” feature called Simultaneous Users Interaction where multiple users in multiple locations can collaboratively view and edit common files over a Local Area Network (LAN) in real time using keyboards, mice, and touch screens. Extend USB 2.0 connections over a Power over Ethernet (PoE) GigE LAN or single CAT 5e/6/7 cable up to 100m. This OEM 4-port USB 2.0 LAN extender with ExtremeUSB® also supports SwitchableUSB™ commands, allowing for extender pairings to be switched dynamically on the fly, making it the perfect extender for OEM video switch matrix systems. Three USB A ports are available on the local extender, eliminating the need to connect an external USB hub to the host.
Contact Icron for more information.
The USB 2.0 RG2304SP is an ExtremeUSB® based OEM 4-port USB 2.0 Power over Ethernet enabled LAN extender and is FCC/CE Class A certified. Three USB A ports are available on the local extender, eliminating the need to connect an external USB hub to the host. It is ideal for use with all USB peripherals including: keyboards, mice, interactive white boards, flash drives, hard drives, audio devices, web cameras, and any other USB 2.0 or 1.1 devices.
The RG2304SP also supports advanced features such as remote pairing control via Icron Technologies’ SwitchableUSB™ protocols, enabling the host and peripheral pairings to be controlled by another system, such as a video matrix switch. Featuring true plug and play (no software drives required), and compatibility with all leading operating systems. Up to 30 USB devices or hubs can be supported over LAN. Product is sold as unbranded, turnkey integration, or available for private label.
- Supports IEEE 802.3at PoE+ (25.5W)
- Extends USB through a PoE+ capable 100Mbps or 1000Mbps LANs
- Optional power supply connection available to facilitate backup power options
- Supports all USB compliant devices (including isochronous such as webcams or audio devices) up to 480Mbps
- Simultaneous Users Interaction for one-to-seven extender pairings
- SwitchableUSB™ protocol support
- ExtremeUSB® suite of features:
- Transparent USB extension
- True plug and play. No drivers required
- Supports all major operating systems: Windows®, macOS™, Linux®, and Chrome OS™
- FCC Class A
- Rugged metal enclosure
- Support for other advanced platform features such as Device Class Filtering, and Vendor Lock.
- Pre-paired networked configuration for simple installation if purchased as a complete Local and Remote Extender system
- Direct Connect Range: Up to 100m (330 ft) over solid core CAT 5e/6/7 or better
- Network Connect Range: Up to 100m (330 ft) between switches over solid core CAT 5e/6/7
- USB Device Support:
- Traffic Types: All USB 2.0 and 1.1
- Device Types: All USB 2.0 and 1.1 devices
- Local unit USB connector: 3 x USB Type A Receptacle, 1 x USB Type B Receptacle
- Local unit Link connector: 1 x RJ45
- Remote unit Link connector: 1 x RJ45
- Remote unit USB connector: 4 x USB Type A Receptacles
- Maximum USB devices supported: 30 USB devices or hubs
- Power Supply:
- 802.3at PoE+ (25.5W)
- 100-240V AC input, 24V 1A DC Output* (Optional, sold separately)
- Available current: Up to 1.5A at each USB port concurrently, 3.5A total
- Local and Remote unit dimensions: 100mm (W) x 86mm (D) x 26mm (H) / 3.94″ (W) x 3.39″ (D) x 1.02″ (H)
- Operating temperature range: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
- Total system shipping weight: 870 grams (1.9 lbs.)
- Compliance: FCC (Class A), CE (Class A), RoHS2/3 (CE), ICES-003 Issue 7
- Warranty: 2 years
*If both PoE power and the external power adapter are present, the external power supply serves as the main source of power.
In the Box
The USB 2.0 RG2304SP extenders come with a two year warranty; Local and Remote modules sold separately (not as a complete system). International power adapter with country specific cord (North America, EU, UK, Australian/NZ or Japan) also sold separately.
The USB 2.0 RG2304SP extends USB devices point-to-point with CAT 5e/6/7 cabling or can leverage existing network infrastructure, and is ideally suited for the following applications:
- Industrial Control
- Remote storage
- KVM Extension
- Digital Signage
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Medical Device Connectivity
- Security and monitoring