4-port USB 2.0 Power over Ethernet LAN Extender System
The USB 2.0 Ranger® 2304PoE enables you to connect and extend all USB 2.0 device types to hosts across a Power over Ethernet enabled Gigabit Ethernet Local Area Network (LAN) using existing cabling. This ExtremeUSB® extender system features 4-ports on the REX and three additional ports on the LEX eliminating the need to connect an external USB hub. Perfect for: keyboards, mice, interactive white boards, flash drives, hard drives, audio devices, USB 2.0 web cameras and any other USB 2.0 or 1.1 device.
Contact Icron for more information.
The USB 2.0 Ranger® 2304PoE allows users to extend USB 2.0/1.1 connections over a Power over Ethernet (PoE) GigE LAN or single CAT 5e/6/7 cable up to 100m. Extending over a PoE capable LAN reduces installation time and provides IT visibility.
This 4-port USB 2.0 LAN extender supports data rates at up to 480Mbps and is plug and play – no software drivers required – for all major operating systems: Windows®, macOS™, Linux® and Chrome OS™.
In addition to the standard 4-ports on the REX, the LEX comes with three USB A ports eliminating the need to connect an external USB hub to the host ideal and is perfect for: keyboards, mice, interactive white boards, flash drives, hard drives, audio devices, USB 2.0 web cameras and any other USB 2.0 or 1.1 device.
- Supports IEEE 802.3at, PoE+ (25.5W)
- Extends USB through a PoE+ capable 100Mbps or 1000Mbps LAN
- Optional power supply connection provided to facilitate backup power options.
- Extends USB 2.0 and 1.1 (both low-speed and full-speed) devices
- Operates with USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1 hosts
- Supports all USB compliant peripherals (including isochronous devices, such as webcams or audio devices) up to 480Mbps
- Uses a standard solid core CAT 5e/6/7 cable for easy installation or existing LAN infrastructure
- Pre-paired networked configuration for simple installation
- Number of devices can be increased using additional USB hubs
- FCC Class A
- Rugged metal enclosure
- ExtremeUSB® suite of features:
- Transparent USB extension
- True plug and play; no software drivers required
- Works with all major operating systems: Windows®, macOS™, Linux® and Chrome OS™
- Direct Connect Range: Up to 100m (330 ft) over solid core CAT 5e/6/7 or better
- Network Connect Range: Up to 100m (330 ft) between switches over solid core CAT 5e/6/7
- USB Device Support:
- Traffic Types: All USB 2.0 and 1.1
- Device Types: All USB 2.0 and 1.1 devices
- LEX unit USB connector: 3 x USB type A Receptacles, 1 x USB Type B Receptacle
- LEX unit Link connector: 1 x RJ45
- REX unit Link connector: 1 x RJ45
- REX unit USB connector: 4 x USB Type A Receptacles
- Maximum USB devices supported: 30 USB devices or hubs
- Power Supply:
- 802.3at PoE+ (25.5W)
- 100-240V AC Input, 24V 1A DC Output* (Optional, sold separately)
- Available current: Up to 1.5A at each USB port concurrently, 3.5A total
- LEX and REX unit dimensions: 100mm (W) x 86mm (D) x 26mm (H) / 3.94″ (W) x 3.39″ (D) x 1.02″ (H)
- Operating temperature range: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
- Total system shipping weight: 870 grams (1.9 lbs.)
- Compliance: FCC (Class A), CE (Class A), RoHS2/3 (CE), ICES-003 Issue 7, EN 62368-1
- Warranty: 2 years
* If both PoE power and the external power adapter are present, the external power supply serves as the main source of power.
In the Box
The USB 2.0 Ranger 2304PoE system includes:
- Local Extender (LEX)
- Remote Extender (REX)
- 2-meter USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Two year warranty
The Ranger 2304PoE system extends USB devices point-to-point with CAT 5e/6/7 cabling or can leverage existing network infrastructure, and is ideally suited for the following applications:
- Industrial Control
- Remote storage
- KVM Extension
- Digital Signage
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Medical Device Connectivity
- Security and monitoring