ExtremeUSB® extension innovations on display from June 18th to 20th at the Las Vegas Convention Center
Burnaby, British Columbia – June 18, 2014 – Icron Technologies Corporation, a leader in USB and video extension technology, will be demonstrating four ExtremeUSB® extension solutions at InfoComm14, beginning today through Friday, June 20th:
- Device Class Filtering – block specific USB peripheral types, such as mass storage devices, from functioning on an audio visual system extended over a Local Area Network (LAN);
- SwitchableUSB™ with Virtual Hub – USB extended over a LAN to four touch screens for collaborative interaction;
- 4K video with USB 2.0 extension – HDMI uncompressed 4K video extended up to 100 meters with full USB 2.0 at 480Mbps; and
- USB 3.0 camera extension – high resolution machine vision cameras extended at 15 meters over active copper cable and up to 100 meters over OM3 fiber supporting 5Gbps throughputs.
“The USB extension innovations Icron is showing at infoComm14 demonstrates the versatility of our ExtremeUSB technology platform,” said Glenn Antonelli, Icron’s Vice President of Marketing. “Whether there is a military application to block flash drives from accessing data, a surgery room requiring multiple inputs from consulting doctors, a museum with a high resolution display for interactive audience participation, or a factory assembly line where a power source may not be conveniently located, ExtremeUSB not only provides extended operating distance but also solves other problems along the way.”
All four demonstrations include the ExtremeUSB suite of features such as transparent USB extension, true plug and play (no software drivers required), and compatibility with Windows®, Linux® and Mac OS X® operating systems.
To learn more about Icron’s ExtremeUSB extender solutions, please visit icron.com, or drop by Icron’s exhibit booth #N1864 during the show.
- Icron Technologies Corporation: Lydia Ko, Product Marketing Specialist, [email protected]
About Icron Technologies
Icron Technologies is the leading developer and manufacturer of high-performance USB and video extension solutions for commercial and industrial markets worldwide. Icron’s patented extension technology extends PC Video and USB devices over many media types including Cat 5e, Fiber, Wireless, DisplayPort®, and over a corporate LAN. Icron’s extension products are deployed in a wide range of applications including pro AV, industrial automation, machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, interactive whiteboards, digital signage, remote desktop extension, security, enterprise computing and isolated USB, or anywhere a PC needs to be remotely located from a display or peripheral device. icron.com
InfoComm 2014, held at the Las Vegas Convention Centre in Las Vegas, Nevada, is the largest professional AV show in the world, with more than 950 exhibitors and 35,000+ attendees from over 110 countries. This is your once-a-year opportunity to see the latest audiovisual technology, learn the skills that will advance your career, and grow your professional network. infocommshow.org
Keywords: Icron, InfoComm14, ExtremeUSB, USB extension, Virtual Hub, SwitchableUSB, Device Class Filtering.